- Some unzipping archive tool (WinRAR, 7zip, Jzip, etc.) as 99% of the uploads are archived to lessen the size and keep files in one piece.
- FTP or cPanel (as it is widely used) to your server, or if you are doing it locally then you can skip this step.
- A bit of knowledge about WordPress.
- Go to your root folder of the WordPress installation. (Usually public_html)
- Unzip the theme folder on your PC.
- Connect to your site’s server using FTP.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/themes directory.
- Upload the theme folder to the /wp-content/themes directory on your web server.
- Go to the Dashboard’s Appearance page and you will see the new theme is displayed theme. If a mistake is made, delete all the newly uploaded files and repeat the procedure again.
- Some themes requires you to install additional plugins in order to work. Usually those plugins are bundled within the archive you download.
- Some themes requires you to activate them in order to have all functions enabled. (For nulled themes, you can try to enter several letters are see if that works).
- Some themes will have a separated folders with demo-content which you will have to import if you want to use demos.
If you have any questions, ask below